Pages

Monday 12 March 2018

Recounts of our Reading

This week we were writing a recount of our reading in Rooms 2 and 3.  Our aim in Room 3 was to try to include the simile 'As fast as the wind' or to write our own simile or metaphor. This is Jack R's writing.  🌝

Koro sent me to bed at 8:30. Tomorrow was a big race. last year I came third but this year I hoped to come first. In the picture on the bedroom wall was someone running down on the floor of a dark forest. I woke up with a bad head.

The next morning I packed my bag and went out to school. When it was race time we lined up at the start line.
"3, 2, 1, Go! The race was intense. I gained speed but my enemy Mike was the Flash. But I didn't forget a dream last night when I heard, "Run like the wind!" so I did. I ran so fast I passed everybody and I won the race by coming first place. Koro Said, "Go, go, go".

When we got home, Koro told me a story.
"When I was your age I was as fast as you, kiddo".

No comments:

Post a Comment